Endnotes and Digressions:
1. Grey-tones for this installment by Chad Essley.
2. Would you like to know more? Mr. Campbell maintains an exhaustive Web presence at Bruce-Campbell.com — where you can learn about “Man With the Screaming Brain” and his new book, “Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way”!
3. You can learn more about that indie horror film, “Eviction Notice,” at EvictionNoticeMovie.com.
4. So how’s “Screaming Brain”? Well, um, it’s really, really, really silly -- basically what you’d expect from a no-budget “Sci-Fi Original Movie” starring Bruce Campbell. It’s a slapstick comedy about a millionaire who’s killed by a gorgeous gypsy, then has part of a Russian cab driver’s brain put in his head by a mad scientist played by Stacy Keach (!). Wacky chases, break-dancing robots and “All of Me”-style gags ensue.
Dark Horse also released a four-issue comic-book adaptation.
5. This comic has bonus features! I actually transcribed Bruce’s entire pre-show Q&A: Between some fairly hilarious moments of fan abuse, he touched on the bleak comedy of shooting in Bulgaria, revealed his future Dark Horse project and even joked about a documentary he’s making about public land use. You can read this profane, funny transcript right here.
Type too small? You can download a high-rez PDF
of CulturePulp 032 right here: CulturePulp032w.pdf