Endnotes and Digressions:
1. Co-inks for this installment by Bill Mudron; grey-tones by Chad Essley.
2. Some names were changed to protect the possibly slightly buzzed.
3. Unfortunately, the rather ... enthusiastic Brewers Fest staff hustled everyone off the grounds precisely at closing, before anyone could play beer pong with Broken Lizard, which annoyed Stolhanske and Lemme no end. It wasn’t Broken Lizard’s fault!
4. If you're curious, Broken Lizard has a MySpace page.
5. I reviewed “Beerfest” for The Oregonian. The movie's silly and weird and fast-paced -- and a definite return to form for the troupe after the ambitious conceptual misfire of “Club Dread.”
6. This comic has bonus features! Want to read my entire 36-minute interview with Broken Lizard? (The full Patrick Swayze story is cringe-inducing.) It's right here.
Lettering too small? You can download a high-rez PDF
of CulturePulp 55 right here: CulturePulp55.pdf